Physiotherapy is an important part of recovery after muscle and joint surgery. Our Physiotherapists are experienced in progressive rehabilitation to restore movement, function and strength in order to return to work, sport and hobbies. We have close working relationships with local Surgeons allowing us to achieve the best outcome for you. Some of the common surgeries our Physiotherapists can help with include:
- Total Hip Replacement (THR) and Total Knee Replacement (TKR).
- Knee Reconstruction including ACL, PCL Reconstruction and Meniscectomy.
- Shoulder Rotator Cuff Repair, Acromioplasty, SLAP Repair and Stabilisation Surgery.
- Spinal Surgery – fusion, laminectomy, Discectomy.
- Post-fracture both internally fixated and casted.
- Abdominal Surgery including hernia repair.
- Wrist and Hand Surgery including Carpal Tunnel.
- Various Elbow and Ankle Surgery.
How will Physiotherapy help after surgery?
Once you are discharged from hospital or day surgery and have the ok from your Surgeon, you can commence Physiotherapy. Our focus for post-operative rehabilitation is to:
- Reduce pain and swelling.
- Increase joint and muscle range of movement.
- Increase strength, endurance and general fitness.
- Improve balance and coordination.
- Restore normal function.
- Return to work, sport and hobbies.
- Prescribe home exercises and develop gym programs.
We also do pre-operative assessments and exercise prescription in order to better prepare you for surgery and to get the best post-operative recovery.
If you have had recent surgery and think you might benefit from Physiotherapy or are going for surgery soon and want some pre-operative advice, contact our office to make an appointment with one of our Physiotherapists.